Friday, March 7, 2014

Gobble gobble!

Ah Friday. Friday which is a payday. A Friday that when I stepped on the scale I weighed less than the day before. <sigh> All is right with the world.

The morning flew by but the last bit before lunch was torture while the countdown was on for Amy's birthday lunch. Our lunch crew walked over and met up with some old friends who used to work with us.

I don't want to dwell on this too much but today we had a pretty horrible lunch experience. Food was great - turkey burger with sauteed peppers, salsa and cheese and I even had a side of steamed broccoli, but the service was definitely lacking. It made my lunch go about an hour longer than it should have making me late getting back to work. Because of this, I didn't get to do my workout because I had to make up the time.

When my chariot arrived to pick me up I sent a message to my friend to set up our dinner date. Our timing was just about perfect for meeting up at my favourite "fast food" places; Qdoba. I ordered the naked chicken taco salad and added black bean and corn salsa, fajita veggies, roasted zucchini, pico with a small bit of cheese and tortilla strips. It was so good I had to take a picture.
I did the math and it worked out to about 9 points for those weight watchers out there. We had a great catch up and then I came home to do my day four squat challenge squats (60) with Neil. It was pretty quiet so he asked what that sound was. It was my knees crunching away. Normal to me, but it can sound really bad to those who aren't used to it.

We spent the rest of the night watching some of the shows we missed from the week and then watched the new episode of Mayday. I know, a thrilling night at the Curtis/Gabriel household but after the week I had, I was ready for a quiet night.

Tomorrow is official weigh in day. I'm hoping to see a good number, and then have my weight watcher tool tell me way to go but don't keep this pace up and that 1-2 pounds is healthy weight loss. I'm hoping that the time I get clearance to go back to derby in two and a half weeks (hopefully) I'll be down 10 from when I refreshed back to the online weight watchers in March 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment