Sunday, March 16, 2014

A very derby based day

I woke up bright and early to watch the Team Canada game. It was nice to watch it in bed streaming to my TV but the feed wasn't the best. At half, I went downstairs and threw some colour on my roots, made a breakfast shake and popped back upstairs to watch the rest of the game.

After the game was over, I rinsed the colour off and watched an episode of Gilmore Girls followed by Criminal Minds. I logged into the Men's Derby World Cup stream again to see what was up to find out that my time conversion was wrong and the 3rd place game was going on (Canada vs France). I only missed a little bit so I yelled for Neil to come down and watch it with me. We didn't have any issues with the feed until the last 10 minutes or so of the game. We kind of gave up in the last two minutes since the feed was basically dead. We kept refreshing to get the score portion to update so that was good enough for us.

After that was over, I went out for my first scentsy party. It was nice and relaxing, no sales pressure which is a great way to be introduced to a product. I had heard that their scent pack/pouch things were good for making derby bags smell better so I was on a mission to find a scent that was available in the pouch and didn't make me want to gag when I pictured opening a bag that had been permeated with that scent. I found three natural-ish ones that didn't smell like baked goods (although it was tempting to have my derby gear smell like sugar cookies exploded inside) and then set off for the next mission of the day.

I needed to pick up an OPP (oriental party pack to you non M&M Meat Shop patrons) but on the way I had a little craving for something sweet. It was, after all, my cheat day and I had been really good up until leaving the house. I stopped in at a variety store and grabbed a cream egg. They don't taste like they did when I was a kid but still hit the spot.

We drove out to our derby officials meeting / pot luck which was where I really was going to use my cheat day points up. There were mini quiches, meat balls, brie and bacon phyllo pinwheels, cheese and sausage with crackers and of course, baked goods -  banana chocolate chip muffins and pecan butter tarts! There was cheesecake too, I'm just not a big fan. We worked out some of the new rules, even though most of them don't affect my NSOing but it's always good to know what's going on.

On our way home we stopped by the RCSS and picked up some veggies and english muffins, facon and eggs for when we have breakfast for dinner at some point this week. Neil bought a red velvet mini cake which I thought I'd just have a slice of but I wasn't even tempted. I'm really trying to honour my feeling of fullness when it happens and not push it.

Even though it was a cheat day, I still tracked what I ate so I knew what I ended up eating. I used up about half of my weekly bonus points I get but it was worth every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment