This morning wasn't the best wake up ever but after I stepped on the scale I perked up a bit. I'm down a pound since the weekend started so I'm pretty happy with that. I'm still a little slow on getting dressed and morning prep with my elbow but it's nothing compared to trying to scrape off the car in the morning. I know I shouldn't be doing it but it takes so long with one person doing it, I like to help Neil out since he's nice enough to drop be off and pick me up from work every day.
Work was uneventful, just busy, as usual. I made some good progress on some projects, especially since I went in on Sunday to make headway on some designs for a conference. Since Neil started tax season I have an hour at the end of my work day for the next two months. I've decided that the gym is the place to be to stop me from working too much.
I changed into my gym duds and decided to try the elliptical. I didn't bring down my sling because 1) it's starting to really hurt my neck and shoulders and 2) it's made out of material similar to windbreakers and would only lead to excess moisture to accumulate on my arm (eww). Because the machine is a bit bouncy, I decided to brace my arm against my body to keep it a little more stable. I started with my hand on my chest but it looked like I was having a heart attack (on the opposite side) so I pulled it into my belly. Looked a little less like I was making a cry for help that way.
Dinner was Gozen as a nice birthday treat for Neil. I picked it up and then he picked me up outside the restaurant. We stopped for gas then arrived home to crack into our bento boxes. Salad, soup, spicy chicken, dumplings, california rolls.... rice? Hmm... no rice. I know, it's not necessary but it was a bit of a let down. I happened to have some left over rice from the weekend and wasn't too proud to dig into it. Neil wasn't on board but he still took care of his bulgogi like a champ. I set half of the chicken aside to have for lunch tomorrow and to avoid over eating.
After giving a friend a trim I headed out to get some groceries. It was friggin' cold but we needed some veggies. It was so quiet at the No Frills - only one till was open and it didn't seem too long of a line. I checked out and was packing up when I realized a can of soup had rolled under my bags so I missed putting it on the belt. I turned around in just enough time before she started ringing out the next person. Luckily they weren't upset - they made a little joke and gave me a smile. $1 later I was on my way.
I came home, unpacked the groceries and cut up some fruit for tomorrow. I treated myself to a 4 point ice cream cup thing since I had enough points left and heck - I did a good job with my eating and exercise today. I know food isn't a reward but I'm calling it a treat.
As soon as I'm done here I'll divide up my Breton cracker chip things into single serve bags for easy snacking and then tackle day one of the 30 day squat challenge. Hopefully I'll have a better sleep tonight and not wake up unable to walk from the activity I'm forcing my body back into.
No comments:
Post a Comment