I did a follow up at work to see if my split keyboard had arrived yet. It did so I went down to first to see our team admin to pick it up. I had a coworker help me unwrap and break apart the two pieces (which should have been a slide lock easy release apart). It didn't have a number pad, fine, I could deal with that, but it had a row of keys on the left side that I kept accidentally hitting the fn key, activating the number keys, making words have numbers in the middle of them.
I still tried to make use of it, tucking the half board under my poncho, trying to get it all to work but I kept having to peek under to see if my fingers were on the right keys. After using it for about 20 minutes, my hand was getting a big red mark from where I had to turn out my wrist slightly to hold on to it. I finally gave in and used my full normal keyboard and then used one half of the split keyboard without my sling.
Here's how I ended up working
I decided I had enough when the clock struck 4:30 and went down to the gym. I did the step/glider thing they put in a few months ago for 45 minutes while stabilizing my arm on the centre rest/heat monitors or on my stomach. I felt great - worked hard, got a little glisten on. It makes me remember what I liked so much about being active.
Dinner was marinated chicken thighs with green giant pasta with veggies. I was really happy with how they turned out. It was balsamic vinegar, rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce, olive oil, a ton of minced garlic and some coconut oil which I melted and put in the marinade.
We met up with some friends at the movies to watch The Monuments Men. I knew I'd be tempted so I thew a few of my two point cracker chips sacks in my purse. Neil decided he needed popcorn but I held strong. I walked past the counter and got settled in for the show. Even though Neil was munching away about a foot away from me I didn't even attempt to steal one kernel.
The previews were good but when the last one was over, I caught a whiff of some swedish berries. I'm not sure where it was coming from but man - did they smell good. It was the same feeling I got when walking past the marshmallows in the grocery store yesterday. Drooool.
I was proud of myself for not trampling my friends who were between me and the aisle to go buy some when I "went to the washroom" and shovel them in my mouth so I could hide it from Neil.
When I pulled out my snack packs I leaned over and told my friend they were "Tasty, perfectly portioned, calorie balanced snack". He then leaned back over and said "One word in that description is wrong". I like to think the word is snack.

No comments:
Post a Comment