Still riding the high from weigh in yesterday, I woke up with a smile, feeling amazing. I had a finished a cheat day without going crazy and I actually slept in a bit. Since I already had seen the Criminal Minds on at nine, I decided to be productive. I thought it was time to organize a bit downstairs in my lair. I put the excessive amounts of mason jars I have collected in a common place and then glanced over at my DVDs. I had a stack taller than the TV to be organized back in to my fully alphabetized shelves and very few open spots. I decided to do a push down where I took out a full shelf of movies and then shuffled the rest down, leaving space for 2-3 movies.
I then organized the movies waiting to be inserted into the shelves into alphabetical order to make it obvious what had to go where, so I wouldn't have to do any shelves more than once. It took some work but I got them all in, nearly filling all four towers. When we came back from our massages I took Neil down to show him what I did. He seemed impressed and I was so proud until I glanced down at the floor and saw eight movies between T and Y that I missed. I looked at them, then the shelves and let out a giant sigh, cursing my need to have them all in place, and shuffled the last few movies around to make room.
Deciding my effort was better spent in the kitchen planning for the week, I went about marinating steaks, making burgers for dinner and prepping chicken for tomorrow's casserole. The burgers turned out more like mini meatloaves after I added everything to them but they still tasted amazing (if I say so myself). I'm hoping by planning ahead I'll have another great week on the scales next Saturday.
After dinner we caught up on the shows we missed last week and did some laundry. Neil went upstairs to work on a class assignment so I stayed downstairs and did some work on the calendar for April since the derby schedule was released earlier in the day.
It had been a while since I had a biore nose strip one so I thought, heck, why not tonight.
I think they're both gross and awesome at the same
time. There's always the "Eww, gross - that was in my nose?!" part then
the whole "That's kind of neat the way they just stuck to the paper and
pulled out" part.
I went upstairs, wet my nose an stuck one on. Twelve or so minutes go by and I pull it off. Nothing. Hmmm. I decided to give it another try and went back upstairs with my crochet hook behind my ear. Since I had forgotten about this and thought it would fall out / pull out my hair, I took it out and put it on the hall table. I ran the hot water this time and put a hot washcloth on my face, applied the new strip and went downstairs.
At the bottom I realized I had forgotten my glasses on the sink. Back up I went and came down to look at my wool and realize I had forgotten my hook at the top of the stairs. Back up I went and immediately back down again. I hate the stairs but I felt great about taking them at that moment because I realized I went up and down three times in a short time span and wasn't out of breath! I know, doesn't seem that big of a deal to normal people but when you're lugging around extra weight (and are in terrible shape) stairs really can take it out of you. I was close to doing a Rocky style cheer thing but it seemed inappropriate to do it at the bottom of the stairs.
Neil will be down at nine so we can watch The Cosmos mini series at which point I'll have my last four points in the form of a peanut butter ice cream cup. My hope is to get up and do cardio tomorrow morning so I can come home at a decent time since I have to take the bus home after work. We'll see how that goes, I don't have the best history of keeping the Monday morning exercise goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment