Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Gas leak

Neil and I were trying to get up early so that he could be in for 7:30. The plan was Neil wakes up and does his thing and then I just roll out of bed, throw on gym clothes and hit the gym before work as opposed to after. I had laid out my clothes, towel, hair things etc so I could pop them in my backpack with my pre-packed lunch.

Neil's alarm goes of once. Nothing. I go back to sleep. His alarm goes off again and no movement. My alarm goes off and I asked him if we were still doing the whole going in early thing to which he replied we weren't. I sighed, reset my alarm and went back to sleep for the most unsatisfying hour of sleep ever. Okay, maybe not ever but in my recent memory.

Today's work day just flew by again, and I made some great achievements in my workload. After lunch I did my usual "Ugh, I don't want to go to the gym" thing but then my 4pm was looking forward to it.

I went down and changed, getting a gentle reminder from the woman had to borrow her pass from yesterday to get into the change room, to not forget my pass today. I also remembered to not place my iPod in my boot accidentally, as I did yesterday.

Most of the ellipticals were busy today so I went up to my favourite stepper/glider thing and punched in the mix-it-up difficulty level and then 60 minutes for the time. I watched the last bit of a Cleveland Show episode, followed by the Simpsons where they go to Africa, then the second half of the Community where they have the paintball western/star wars battle. Such an easy way to kill an hour.

I do have to apologize to all those who were in the gym between 4:45 and 5:45 that the awful smell that seemed to have mysteriously appeared every 15 minutes or so was me. I had a lot of broccoli over the previous 24 hours and my body was sharing the love of digestion with those around me. It wasn't too bad - there wasn't anyone super close to me but there were enough people in the area that it wasn't incredibly obvious that it was me (I hope). I was all good until about 45 minutes in when a guy got on the rower behind me - he was facing the other way but his face would still be about my butt level. Good thing for him I noticed him and did the setting for the rest of my time on there that produced the least amount of bouncing.

When I got home I cooked up some breakfast for dinner - 2 eggs, english muffin and four strips of butterball turkey bacon. Neil found out that his new course had lectures that began tonight so I decided to go visit my dad and see what the newly installed floor looked like in the family room and to visit my fur baby.

On the way I stopped at Best Buy to grab a jump drive and then decided to test my will and go to Bulk Barn. I bought Neil some hot chocolate mix and saw a sticker on the lid of that bin (and all surrounding bins) stating not to snack. At first I thought "who the hell would snack on hot chocolate powder?!" but then remembered that I have before. Not in the store though, that's just crazy talk. I picked up my weight watchers candy there (dark chocolate mint patties and new caramel crisps) since I have yet to find them cheaper elsewhere. Most of the time I say it's better to use the full fat, less processed versions of food since they have to add something in to make up for the stuff they took out but I just can't help myself with these treats. Only one point and I get a nice taste of sweets without the caloric hit a PEP or Crispy Crunch would entail.

The rest of my night rolled went well. No crazy snacks, watched Neil play Dark Souls 2 while I wrote this and listened to my latest playlist for cardio.Tomorrow is going to be a day off from cardio since I'm driving to work and will take the opportunity to go to Costco after work while it's not as busy as a Friday night or a weekend. It'll be hard but I'm going to try to avoid leaving there with an ice cream cone or a hot dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment