Monthly shots at my GP's office were the highlight of my day. Not really in the getting shots part but the time I have to wait after the shot to ensure I don't go into anaphylactic shock.
I always meet some neat people who are waiting and looking for a quick chat. Usually they're older folks but they always have a warm smile to offer on a chilly morning. I also love that my mom comes to pick me up and drop me off at work. She's always so cheerful and we have a nice quick chat on the way downtown from the village. She usually has a cute story to tell me about something Higgins did last night or the other day.
Work was busy which made it easier to get through without paying too much attention to the injection spots. There were a few points during the day where it just started to burn/itch but also get really warm to the touch. All normal but still irritating and distracting.
I went for a solid go at the elliptical after work and even though we didn't chat too much it was nice to do it beside a friend. It ended up being an hour by the time Neil left work later than usual so it gave me a few extra minutes to round up the hour.
On the way home I had to tell Neil that there wasn't any milk or bananas left to do his pre-skate dinner shake. I made one up with frozen berries and almond milk which doesn't always go over the best when mixed with our protein powder. Not the best but it would do.
I did my 70 squats (day three of the squat challenge), hoovered a smart one beef fajita thing and ran out to Costco with my bro and sis-in-law. It was nice but SO cold when we came out. I picked up the missing ingredients for our shakes along with my 2kg squeezie tube of yogurt. I also picked up these things I'd never seen there before. They're little chicken dumplings and they're really not that bad in the points range so that's what I had for second dinner when we got home.
I did see something else new there - Ling Ling pot stickers. The logo even has a panda on it - which made me instantly think for the Simpsons where a tree was cut down and powered down the mountain towards Kentucky Fried Panda to which Homer exclaimed "Not the Kentucky Fried Panda - it's finger Ling Ling good!"
This morning I weighed in less again so we'll see what happens when I weigh in Saturday morning but I'm feeling good about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment