Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Goal check

I woke up before my alarm again but not so early as yesterday so I was cool with that. My body is slowly readjusting to the new time. I knocked out a great day at work, despite my more angry than usual elbow, followed by a good turn at the gym (about 35 min on the elliptical and my 45 squats).

Once Neil picked me up and we got home through the narsty road conditions we had about 10 minutes to turn around before we ran out to wings. I saved my points up (while still eating well through the day) and I had enough so I could get my eight wings, salt and pepper style (just like like little kentucky fried chickens). The food came out lighting fast! I took a bite of my wings and holy crap they were salty - like gnawing on a salt lick. Our server was great and took 'em back to the kitchen. A few minutes later a fresh batch came out with just a little seasoning on it, saying I could top them up with salt and pepper as I desired from the shakers. Overall a great experience - in and out in just under an hour - that's the Palasad we know and love.

When I came home I washed up and put my jammies on. I looked at myself in the mirror and started to wonder how long it will take to get my pointy chin back. When I was down a good bit before my face started to thin out and my chin got fairly pointy, especially noticeable when I smiled (this was about five years ago). That started making me think of what my goals are.

First - I'm going to have to get myself into a bridesmaid dress August 1st. If I go with a dress from a bridal shop, I'm going to have to order by mid-May at the latest. I don't necessarily need to lose weight for this but I'd love to have more tone in my arms because I don't want to look like a bat in my black dress. This is going to be a bit of an issue with the broken elbow thing but I'm hoping I can start lifting weights soon to get back into the strength training.

Second - Tough Mudder. For some reason, I'm blocking this from my memory. I forget about it until I look at my flagged messages which notify me of my e-ticket to participate. I'm hoping my cardio and squats will help me get a jump on the hill training Sabrina wants to do in late spring to start prepping for the uphill run of death.

Third - My wedding dress that's hanging out at my parent's house. I gained about 15lbs since I bought it. Of that, I've lost about 10 so I'm close to being down to when I bought it. It did fit, but I had a few inches to shave off so I didn't have to get a panel put in behind the corset, and so that I could eat and drink on the day of the wedding. I'll have to lose a lot of weight before it won't fit me anymore so I think I'm safe with not having to buy a new one because I shrunk too much. I haven't tried it on since I bought it. As one of my milestone rewards, I'm going to try it on again. I have about 14lbs until I want to try it on again so I'm hoping that the first weekend in May I can actually have my girls over and show my Mom what it looks like on since she wasn't there when I bought it.

Fourth - but kind of first - get solid in the derby basics like turning around. I'm so excited to get back to it, I can't wait to get cleared by the specialist. Under two weeks to go until I find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment