I spent Saturday morning at work knocking a project off my list. I decided not to waste time going the meeting since it would add about 30 minutes for the travel and weigh in (not even going to the meeting). I know it's not the best idea to skip weigh ins but I really was focused on getting as much time in at work without sacrificing too much of my day.
I could have made a dent in another project but then decided just after noon, it was time to come home. Once in the door, I iced up the cupcakes I made Friday night and curled my hair so it'd be nice an bouncy for derby.
I grabbed some Qdoba on the way so I wouldn't be tempted by the tasty fair food (their onion rings are fantastic). The bout I NSO'd for (Non Skating Official) went well once I got the hang of the role I was in for the first time. Between games I changed out of the uniform white top and into something more supportive of Forest City. I went into the stands to join Neil, my brother and my dad (who was at his first game). We ended up in the hammer city cheering section somehow, and were behind the ann arbour team re-fueling from their game. It seemed like every other one of them had onion rings or fries! It was so hard not to go get some but I decided Palm Bay was a better use of my daily caloric intake.
I do like to NSO but I can't wait until I get into playing an actual bout. I know I have a LONG way to go but it's nice to have a goal. The first goal is to be more steady on my skates when both of them aren't on the floor. I got great encouragement from the trainer during fresh meat last week (and from Neil) so it's just a matter of focusing and getting the skates on outside of practice to get my skills to where they need to be to keep up with the class.
After derby we decided to come home as opposed to joining the after party. I was pondering stopping for one of those McD's olympic nugget snack pack things but then Neil talked me out of it. Instead, I mashed up an avocado, added two plum tomatoes and a mitt full of cilantro to eat with some tortilla chips. It was a much better choice.
Sunday I was hoping to sleep in a bit but Neil's alarm kept going off, without him actually getting up for it. I finally yelled at him "You're killing my sleep in!" at which point he just turned it off. By that point I was pretty awake so I just decided to get up.
I gave the house a quick once-over cleaning to make it company worthy. Once of the great things about this Sunday was I didn't have to leave the house at all so once I was done cleaning I took a shower and put on fresh jammies on.
After lunch, my friends came over for a super fun game day consisting of two epic games of spades (not the normal kind, the "newfie" kind) while Castle Panic and Settlers was played, finishing up in a group game of Cards Against Humanity (with The Bigger, Blacker Box being used for the first time).
The only problem with game day was the amount of junk food that entered my body. So much popcorn and munchos mix. It was topped off my pilsbury apple turnovers fresh from the oven. It was so non stop that I didn't really make dinner. Instead I roasted a head of cauliflower with parm and spaghetti seasoning. It made me feel a bit healthier but overall still very bloated and lethargic. I think next time we'll plan ahead and make sure there are veggies involved.
Tomorrow is the big birthday and I have a lunch and a dinner out. I've already pre-ordered my lunch (a thai chicken salad) and I'm going to look ahead at the dinner menu to hopefully make good choices. I know a workout is not in the cards so I'll have to try to be sure I can keep it in check for weigh in on Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment