Tuesday, July 15, 2014

17 days...

Fresh and furious was a great day! A long day, but some great derby watching and some great peeps around me. Sunday was a bit of a catch up on errands and having lunch with my family. Monday was nutballz...

I had to be at physio for 7am downtown so that meant that my body decided to fail at falling asleep Sunday night. I didn't have to do too much at physio so it was hard to keep awake. I stumbled into work and had quite a busy day, followed by a visit to the wedding venue with my wedding party since none of them had been inside and I wanted to take some measurements.

After that I had six hair clients of various levels of difficulty to their visits, wrapping up around 9:30pm so needless to say I was pooped! I finally had a nice night sleep.

Today had a terrible start. I was all out of sorts - shake making was more difficult than it had to be, despite thinking about it three times - I never made my yogurt and berries, I got in the car and realized I forgot half of my lunch in the house (which I returned to get) and then spilled chocolate protein shake down my white top. Neil offered to turn around so I could change but I said screw it - it probably wouldn't make much difference. I was able to get a hold of a tide to go pen and get a good bit of it out but what I didn't realize is how gross they smell. I spent most of the day catching whiffs of the horrible smell - gross.

I got home, ate the last cookie, made up some dinner and got ready for derby. I was so happy to get there and get my skates on for the first time in three weeks! It was really painful at first since I tied my skates up way too tight and started to lose feeling in my toes. I don't think having feeling in your toes is necessary for derby but I like to think of it as a bonus when you can.

After I loosened them up and had a much better time. We did some drills for stopping and agility and a nice round of pyramids (5 laps, 7, 10, 7, 5 - with your partner doing her set in between yours). I'm still hesitant on my transitions but that will come in time (and when I'm less scared of falling). I had to cut out a bit early because of the giant blister that decided to form an burst during practice. I'll have to pick up some blister pads to help stretch out my boot a bit otherwise my achilles scar is going to start growing again. Scars are cool but growing more scar tissue under them is not.

I managed to remember to turn the correct way out of the practice space and was home in no time. I showered up and made myself an egg and toast to refuel and make sure I won't wake up starving tomorrow morning. Not a bad end to a not so great day - I'll be happy if tomorrow I can walk normally so everything from there will be a win for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment