This morning I had a hard time rolling out of bed but I managed to get out in time to do some light upper body weights and core to get a workout in before getting my allergy shot. I knew tonight wouldn't be the best idea to do weights with the pod of allergens hanging out in my tricep and after having a pint of blood drained from me.
It was suggested to me by a few peeps to look up a few HIIT (High intensity interval training) websites. I've been looking into it on and off for a few months, mostly when I started looking into Paleo type diets, but it I hadn't really thought about them since the broken elbow.
Breakfast today was my usual shake, snack was almonds and an apple with a bit of cheese and crackers from a meeting. Lunch was left over bacon wrapped chicken thighs (just as good the second day) with some rice. I did get a mid-afternoon craving for something sweet that strawberries and yogurt just weren't satisfying. I grabbed a chocolate dipped ginger cookie from the coffee cart I felt a bit bad about the decision but man did it taste good!
I went to donate blood and had two oreos as well as a small oatmeal choco chip cookie pack. I avoided pop and choose an apple juice. I ended up not drinking it and going for a bottle of water. We went to wings for dinner and I munched on some chicken fingers with sweet potato fries. A small victory for me since I usually have their fresh cut fries as a side. I decided that having a numb mouth and a small rash on my face just isn't worth it.
When we came home I looked up the Atlanta Rollergirls leg challenge day two exercise. I almost kicked the coffee table and the saw Neil put on the floor but I did the full set!
Tomorrow might have to be a day off depending on how I feel but I think I'll transition into some HIIT training on the weekend once my donor hole has healed.
PS I forgot to mention it on Monday but that marked four weeks pop free! I'm close to being artificial sweetener free as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment