Monday, July 28, 2014

Just beet it (and four more sleeps)

I had some bananas turning again so I decided to make more banana muffins last night. I had two for breakfast, but only after leaving the doctor's office since they had pecans in them. They didn't have any signs saying it was a nut-free area but I'm thinking it would be better not to risk taking out some poor nut allergic person. My shots went well, barely any reaction which made me feel some relief that I wouldn't have a huge welt on my arm at the wedding.

I popped into work in time to have my last ice/water run with Rach before she took off for her wedding. I added a starbucks refresher packet to my water and gave it a good stir. I took a nice big sip and <cough> got a mouth full of powder. I pulled the straw out and put my finger over the hole and gave it a helluva shake. Much better!

Lunch was broccoli, rice and breaded chicken leftovers. The thought of exercising tonight crossed my mind for about three seconds but then <poof> dissapeared.

I made it home in time so sear up a roast in the dutch oven then tossed in some onions and mushrooms with a pot roast seasoning mix and threw it in the oven. In the mean time I peeled up parsnips, carrots and beets, tossing the non-staining things into a pot to get a little boiled up before roasting.

While dinner was cooking, we nipped out to pick up a wedding present. My favourite part was the free wrapping table! I wrapped everything up and made it purdy. All I have left is to grab a fun card and then I'm done - well, aside from the whole wedding party duties part!

When the roast came out to rest, I cranked the heat and raised the rack so that I could coat my veggies with olive oil, rosemary and thyme and give them a nice crisp. Neil and I enjoyed a great winter harvest meal in the middle of summer. It was the perfect day for it with the chill in the air. Surprisingly I enjoyed the beets (as did Neil) so I can see them being put into the rotation, along with the parsnips - they have a nice sweet bite to them.

My bro came over after we ate and we knocked a few more per cent completion points out of Lego Marvel. We're so close to the end but he was too tired to game past 9:30 so he went home. I decided I needed to refresh my colour one more time before Friday. I was just going to let it air dry but I thought doing a good blow dry would let me see what was going on with the colour (and let me sleep in tomorrow).

Tomorrow is derby day so I'm hoping I can stay injury / bruise free during practice since my dress is knee length...

No comments:

Post a Comment