Saturday, July 12, 2014

Less than three weeks to go

Today is going to be an exciting day! I may not be competing but I'm going to my first "Fresh and Furious" tournament in Toronto. It's for skaters who have past minimums over the previous year, giving them a chance to compete against others who are fairly close to the same level of experience. I'm hoping that next year I'll be out here but for now, I'll settle for cheering. I'll also be keeping an eye for for an old college friend skating for the D-VAS!

Another reason I'm excited is that I'm going to be helping my friend with her business' merch table. I get to help her sell some great clothes and get a sneak peek at her latest order.

The past few days have been really busy but I've been able to sneak in a few bits of cardio and weights when I could. My knees have really been hit or miss so I've stayed away from derby for fear of aggravating them. I also developed some blisters from wearing my new orthotics while running around the track last Saturday. I'm hoping when more weight comes off the pain will be a less common occurrence.

In other news - I've dropped about two pounds in the past four days! My "fat pants" are starting to get quite loose. I don't want to try on my two years ago summer clothing yet for fear of feeling like a sausage. I'll give it a few more pounds then give 'em a go. I'll be trying my dress on again in a week before I drop it off to get steamed. I'll determine at that point if I want to take it in for any alterations. I have no idea how long it might take to complete but I'm hoping I can find somewhere that can do it within a week. Any recommendations of good, quick, reasonably priced tailors are welcome.

I've been really good with my eating but haven't been afraid to have a few treats here and there. I'm still staying away from the pop - I managed to avoid the chose your own adventure pop machine when I met up with a friend for dinner last night at Qdoba. I still used the machine but mixed a bit of iced tea with flavoured sparkling water.

I better get ready to roll out - I have a long drive ahead of me. Happy Saturday - I hope you all get to have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment