Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mayday! Mayday! She's going down...

Today started out well. I woke up and my 'do was still 'did from last night so I didn't have to wash my hair. I went down to make breakfast and dropped an egg on the floor. <sigh> Something I learned a while back was to pour salt over the egg and let it sit for a minute to absorb the goo into something easier to wipe up. Luckily it worked (aside from the goo that got on my mat) so it was a minimal disruption to my day.

Work was pretty normal. I packed myself a banana, yogurt and berries and left over pot roast with veggies for the day. I was pretty good but then just before coffee cart close o'clock I wandered down and noticed they had one diabetes bar left. A diabetes bar is a caramel and peanut square with a chocolate top. It's not small, nor is it nearly anything close to healthy but it was calling my name.

I devoured it when I got back to my cube (and to be honest I was eating it on the way up the escalators) and proceeded to start feeling the nasty post sugar consumption vibes. It was close to the end of the day so it wasn't terrible but the feeling only got worse once I arrived home with hot dogs from Costco for dinner after picking up my back up puffer.

Today alone wouldn't really be cause for concern if I wasn't slipping down a sugary slope. Pretty much every day I've been having a square or a cookie in the afternoon at work. I've got to reel it back in. I'm planning on kicking the sugar back out after the long weekend (and Rach's wedding) so that I can have a few drinkie-poos here and there should the need arise.

Another thing I'm trying to keep in mind is being a better derby girl. I can't do that if my body is running on crap. I'll never be able to pass minimums if I run around all sluggish on the track. Tonight was pretty tough since there was only three of us (which then went down to two as my poor derby friend fell waste to the loaner skates). I'm already feeling the burn and it's only two and a half hours after we stopped.

Tomorrow is my last day at work until next Tuesday so I'm going to have a busy day at work - I should be trying to get some sleep but I'm still so spun from practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment