Monday, July 7, 2014

25 more...

I woke up to a decent thunder storm around 6am - it shook the house! I laid in bed and thought about taking the bus in to work so I could go to the gym but then the rain really picked up and I just rolled over and snoozed for a bit. I ruled out body pump for the lunch hour, pretty much forever. What I need to focus on is upper body weights and if over half the class is lower body, I'm kind of wasting time I could be focusing on my pipes.

I rode in with Neil at the usual time after packing up a good day's worth of grub. Shake for breakfast, apple and almonds for snack one, stew and dumplings for lunch and yogurt and berries for the afternoon. I was able to avoid temptation of a friends homemade apple cake but had to have a small taste of her caramel. Oh my heavens - it's absolutely delicious! I was able to just have a little dip of it but I can envision using it on many things.

As the day progressed, my hamstrings just got tighter and tighter. I walked like Frankenstein for a large portion of the afternoon. Mind you, I didn't walk with my arms out straight while moaning and groaning (or at least I hope that's not what I sound like going around the office).

I was debating with myself as I was on my way home about when (or if) I'd exercise tonight. I had to plot dinner to time out to cook while I was at my dentist appointment. I love my dentist but it's at Hyde Park and Fanshawe so it's about an hour round trip with all the construction. I decided on the roast and Neil managed it's cooking very well. He even had it carved up when I got home.

As I sat down to eat dinner I started negotiating with myself about whether or not I should exercise. I almost got away with "You're going to skate for two hours tomorrow night" but then realized that I really had no excuse. I finished up eating and slowly walked down the stairs towards my elliptical. I knocked out 35 minutes while watching the rest of the movie I started the other day then did a few bicep and tricep exercises. I felt accomplished when I was finished and even started to plan out what to watch during my next time exercising at home (Grosse Pointe Blank or Hackers).

Tomorrow will be my return (again) to derby. I'm imagining it will be another night of doing some work on my stops and getting my legs back since the other freshies will be preparing themselves for their Fresh and Furious tourney on Saturday. I'm hoping that I stay injury free both at practice and all surrounding time leading up to Rach's wedding... black should be for the dress, not on my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment