Ten sleeps left to go and I'm feeling good. Internally, my guts have started to level out digestive-wise. Joint-wise, things are a little angrier than usual but I'm powering through. I did a bunch of braids in my hair this morning but just when I was finishing up my right side, my ribs sort of got stuck. It hurt a bunch but I was able to get upstairs and drive to work with my right arm glued to my rib cage.
Once I managed to sit down at my desk, I had some of my tasty nana muffins for breakfast, spaghetti and meat sauce (similar to sloppy joe consistency) for lunch and two apples (small ones) for my afternoon snack. I did also sneak a cupcake into my daily intake but it was totally worth it. Razzle dazzle - I couldn't refuse!
Dinner was fajitas with wraps or rice. I took the wrap option so we ended up with a lot of extra rice. I took advantage of it when I came home from derby.
My new derby buddy showed up an hour early (Thursday is at 7, Tuesday is actually at 8) so we played Lego Marvel for a while until it was time to leave. Once we rolled out to the practice space we found it was only the three of us and two trainers (and one off skates). As the night went on, Neil dropped, then my buddy dropped - both due to skate issues. My laces actually broke through at my toe cap but I was able to remove the cap and tie up the broken laces and get back out there. It was nice to have Neil there - he helped me fix my skates without my having to take them off and bend all crazy-like to get them back together.
I had the last bit of practice to myself so when they asked me what I wanted to do, I did some work on my tomahawk stops and then asked to do pyramids. I needed to burn off my cupcake as well as get some work on my crossovers.
At the 10 lap cycle or so, I got a tail. Cinner decided to chase me to keep me motivated. I did my best to stay ahead but the burn was just too much! I finished but probably not with the finesse of some of the rostered skaters.
We wrapped up much earlier than it should have but I think we were all okay with it. A nice drive home and a incredibly hot shower and I am ready for bed. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be a little less stiff than I was last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment