Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Toasted with less than 48 hours to go!

I got up early this morning to see if I could get in and out of work at a decent time. I packed up some muffins, yogurt and berries and some breaded chicken and rolled into work at 7:30.

On one of my first trips to the washroom of the day my left knee gave out. I didn't fall but it definitely didn't feel that great. I hobbled around the rest of the morning but was able to keep it elevated to rest it up.

For lunch I bought a veggie noodle bowl, adding a bunch of cilantro and spices. I added the chicken and made a pretty snazzy and filling lunch. I didn't go down to the cart at all nor did I pick up any of the tasty desserts in the display as I cruised by to pay for my lunch.

The afternoon breezed by and I took off to go pick up my Arbonne. I can't wait to have a shake - I feel so full the entire morning when I have one. After I made it home, I took a shower to exfoliate to open my pores up to accept the spray tan I had scheduled for 5:45. I had a quick muffin as a snack and then drove back into downtown to Artistic Spa to get a coat of liquid gold.

I did a few spins like a rotisserie in nothing but my knickers while a stranger sprayed me down. I had to stand and dry for about 10 minutes. I giggled as I pulled down my waist band to see how dark I was compared to my super white behind. I got dressed, drove to pick Neil up and then headed out to wings.

Once we got there we discovered the new menu - it wasn't a good scene. Prices were higher and things were missing. My friend is going to be writing a letter (more than likely in electronic form) to illustrate his distaste for the new menu. If he actually gets a response, I probably will write one as well. We going back one more wing night but then we're going to explore other restaurant options.

After wings we popped by our friend's house who is making and selling soaps, deodorant and as we found out many other things. He showed Neil all about razors, blades, soap and everything else shaving you could imagine! Neil will try it post-wedding hangover to make sure he doesn't end up like Homer when he was teaching Bart to shave.

Tonight I'm hoping to get to bed in good time so I can get up for my orthotic follow up then roll over to Rach's place and help her pack up the favours and whatever other bridesmaid duties she would like me to do. I'm looking forward to a day of fun since I'll probably cry at the rehearsal. That's cool though - it gets it out of my system so I don't ugly cry at the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment