I'm actually starting to enjoy eating solid food for breakfast since running out of protein powder. Today I fried up an egg and put it in a wrap, tomorrow I'll have the last of my nana muffins. I'm not expecting the protein to arrive for a few days so maybe I'll make some rolled quinoa Saturday or maybe even bacon and eggs!
Lunch was left over fajita / stir fry but that was just the teaser to what I made for afternoon snack. Banana wrap with peanut butter and a few dark chocolate chips! I managed to hold out till 2pm before eating it - SO good! I still picked up a veggie pack with hummus for the afternoon before I left for the day. I'm glad I did because I switched up the evening plan and decided to run out and pick up my dress before cooking dinner. I decided to try it on again to see if the strange fold had disappeared.
I'm glad I did because there was some new strange twisting in the folds. I came out of the change room and asked the first sales person I saw if that was normal. She did some pinching and folding and said that was just the way it is because of the gathering. I shrugged it off and then packed it up to leave. Another salesperson stopped me on the way out to ask if everything was okay and I explained the concern I had. She asked me to put it back on and called over someone from alterations.
She asked if it had been pressed to which I replied that it was only steamed. She said it should have been pressed so I packed it up again and left it behind for a final press. I'll pick it up on the way home tomorrow and hopefully that will be it. It did look a little loose in areas so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do myself to tighten it up in the boobilah area before next Friday.
I stopped into the grocery store to pick up some things to do pork veggie rolls and potstickers. I may have bit off more than I can chew (literally). I cooked up all the ground pork in the family pack and added cabbage, green onion and other spices and sauces. I spent a lot of time wrapping the filling up in egg roll wrappers and wonton wrappers. I put the egg rolls in the oven and started wrapping the potstickers while they were cooking to attempt to have everything finish at the same time. It was so much work but it was worth it in the end. We now also have delicious pork egg rolls for days!
While I was cooking, Neil and my bro checked my tires because my driver's side front tire seemed kind of flat. Turns out it was really flat - almost 10psi less than it should be. Yikes! Grant went with me to get them topped up because they had nitrogen in them and his handy-dandy pump would be of no help.
When we got back we played the Lego Hobbit demo, then made more progress on the Lego Marvel game. We're close to 93 per cent complete so hopefully we can finish it up and move on to Super Mario World.
After he left I packed up dinner, tidied up the kitchen and re-laced my skates with my rockin' new super star laces, getting my new toe covers strapped in along the way.
I crammed a lot into today and I feel very accomplished!
No comments:
Post a Comment