Thursday, July 3, 2014

29 days to go

I slept in a little this morning - probably from the later day blood donation yesterday. I did my usual morning routine, adding in time to wash/dry my do which I do every three days (or so). I did weigh myself and I'm down a pound so that's a nice way to start the day.

A standard shake was made for breakfast and when I went to pack my lunch I realized I had left my lunch bag at work. Durr. I mostly was concerned about the yogurt that was sitting and brewing from being left overnight. Needless to say when I got home that got tossed pretty quickly. It was just a ziploc container so I wasn't too torn up over it.

Morning snack was once again apples and almonds and since I did a big cook on Tuesday, lunch was a repeat of the bacon wrapped chicken thighs. Afternoon snack was the last of the fresh Ontario strawberries in my fridge and a boiled egg. I used to not like left over boiled eggs but then I watched an episode of the barefoot contessa who said to bring eggs to a boil then remove them from heat for 14 minutes. You then shock them (in a cold water bath or by telling them a deep, dark secret) and you'll get eggs that their yolk won't turn that gross grey colour.


When I left work today, sunfest is in full swing. I'm hoping to take a loop of the park at lunch Friday to see if I can hunt down the elusive deep fried peanut butter cup I saw some time back at one of the festivals. I'm starting to think it was a magical food truck who returned to the land of chocolate and peanut butter, never to return to the land of the gluttons.
Dinner was an improv of tortellini and tomato sauce I reduced down out of a slow cooker "juice" from earlier this week for Neil (with enough left for my lunch tomorrow) and I had the one remaining hot dog from Tuesday. Why they make juicy jumbos in a five pack is still so puzzling to me - just make a six pack to match the buns! Frig.

After dinner I had a visit from an injured, shy little girl who needed help getting her hair washed while her surgery wounds healed. Her dad did an excellent job - I only had to step in once to ensure we didn't have a wild water works situation.

I spent the rest of the night running errands which pretty much took what was left of my energy to do. I decided to pass on the leg exercises tonight but will be back on track tomorrow. I'll double up on the exercises tomorrow and maybe toss in some cardio. My blood donor hole is a bit unhappy so I'm going to wait until Saturday to do upper body again. Plenty of things to do from the elbows down!

No comments:

Post a Comment