Friday night, after a day filled with funnel cake, I did an hour on the elliptical to try to process the sugar. I felt amazing after and decided I'd get up Saturday morning and do Body Pump. By the time I was actually ready for bed, I decided that I'd just go to sleep and then see what happens when my body says it was time to wake up (leaning heavily on hoping not to wake up in time).
8:03am... Bing! That settled it - into work I went. I put some super light weights on my bar and grabbed some hand weights in case it was just too much for my elbow or the donor hole. I was able to make it through without too much pain except when it came to the lunges. Holy crap did those make my knee angry! What almost made up for it was the fact that the bicep track was Linkin Park - it almost made me forget that my arms were slowly turning to jello.
I rewarded myself with an egg mcmuffin, ran a bunch of errands, visited my parents and then made my way over to Medway to help out with (non skating) officiating of the Pack Men game. I had never done penalty wrangling before but I feel like I nailed it! I basically ran around the track with the refs and wrote down the penalties to throw them back to the penalty board via white board. I didn't trip, I didn't get my feet run over by skates and I didn't have any sweaty men slam into me. It felt great to be back into the derby world again. I can't wait to go back on Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment