Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Buckle up

I had a great moment on Sunday that I had to share with you before I got into the details of the last two days. I moved my belt down one notch! I probably should have done measurements before I started this round but I find they're not reliable as they can never be done at the exact same height every time. I'm just happy things are fitting better but it's time to add some weight training back into the mix.

 I woke up Sunday after not sleeping very much or very well Saturday night. I must have still been jacked up after drinking all that pop. It also didn’t help that I was home alone and had a dream someone was breaking in. I did one of those wake up gasping type of nightmare scenes from the movie except I didn’t sit up straight. Does anyone actually do that? It didn’t help either that when I turned on my tv for background noise when I went upstairs was on History, which was airing that jack the ripper movie with Heather Graham and it was at the part where she was sleeping and a shadowy figure moved close to her. Any who, the morning didn’t progress nearly as well as I had hoped but the day became better as I got to my friends’ house in Windsor.

Dinner was fresh fish tacos and corn. I had a bit written involving a joke about the tacos but thought I’d keep it clean. < Insert your own joke here > Everything was fresh, some of it from their garden, which made for amazing salsa and guacamole. I was hoping to only have one wrap to keep to my no wheat thing but I’m a sucker for soft tortillas. And corn - he made seasoned corn on the bbq and that’s something else I’m supposed to be limiting but meh, everything else was healthy so I figure it just evens out.

 Monday was great! I slept in until 9 and then had a quick breakfast of boiled eggs. We rolled out for our shopping trip, my purse stocked with snacks. Lunch was a subway chicken salad with spinach, veggies and no dressing. The subway artist started putting all the veggies in and her supervisor came over and told her to take a bunch of them off. Seriously?! I had her put some more toppings back on one her supervisor wasn’t paying attention but I thought it was just a little ridiculous.

 I had two protien bars and a shake throughout our voyage stateside and managed not to buy any of my usual treats (Swedish fish, chocolate mint keebler elf cookies, pretzel M&Ms). I’m starting to notice when my body is actually wanting or needing things versus thinking I need them. I’m sure the bulk barn and barrel will call me in a week or so, wondering where I’ve been, noting their candy supplies are lasting longer than usual.

 I haven’t weighed myself since Saturday morning so we’ll see how the past 2 days went when I wake up Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment