Thursday, August 16, 2012

Only a dollar, alll summer

I took a chance today and made my own breakfast. I sautéed some mushrooms, green onion and green peppers together, took them out of the pan and tossed some egg whites it. Once it was mostly set, I put the veggies back in and folded the whites over. It was such a nice change to have something other than a shake or pancakes for breakfast.

Lunch was broccoli and cauliflower with leftover steak from dinner last night with some fresh fruit from the caf, and a peanut butter “crisp” bar for afternoon snack. Not very peanut buttery, nor crispy but meh, it did the trick.

Around 3:45 I was just ripping through my desk looking for a snack. I’m glad I didn’t crack and open up my emergency coke can I keep in my top drawer (just in case I ever need a hit). I was able to keep it together but half way on the drive to my physio session I just couldn’t think about going the next hour and a half without eating anything.

I caved and pulled into the golden arches. I got a large coke zero (it’s only a dollah!) and two grilled chicken snack wraps. My initial thought was to pull the chicken out and not eat the wraps. I couldn’t help it - I unwrapped the package to see the soft warm floury goodness surrounding the grilled chicken breast and couldn’t help but want to eat it. Man, did it taste ahmaahzing.

About four hours later though, I just felt a lump in my stomach. I’m not sure if I’m sensitive to wheat or maybe something I ate earlier in the day but it was a little sketchy that my stomach hasn’t had any issues for the past week or so then this happened when I had some bread. I think I’ll keep eating how I’ve been lately and see what happens when I eat bread and sugar based products.

No movement on the scale but really, it’s not going to move every day but it’s really nice even just to see a .2 difference (my scale is a digital one that goes by .2 increments). I’m really hoping to start getting up earlier and adding morning cardio into my routine. I’ve just had problems sleeping lately so find myself hitting snooze for the first time in many years. I’m normally a “hello world” kind of person when I get up so hopefully that zest will return some day soon.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know if you do have a wheat sensitivity you know my family's got a stack of tried-and-true recipes for every occasion!

    I have a granola bar recipe I can send you -- it's got nuts and whatnot in it so I find if I'm peckish it hits the spot. It does have pats though so if you're celiac it might be a no-go.

    ReplyDelete