Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Challenge accepted!

Today’s line up included the berry chocolate cereal, the chicken and vegetable cream soup (which I added carrots and celery to and two different puddings. I did an arbonne shake for breakfast to help mix it up a bit. The first pudding of the day was the chocolate with marshmallow pudding. I added the almond milk and realized the container wouldn’t hold it. I quickly added it to my former cereal bowl and started mixing as fast I could but it was too late. There were bits of pudding mixed with lucky charms type marshmallows in it. I can’t say it was the most fantastic thing ever but let’s just say I’ve had better pudding. Afternoon pudding was better. Chocomint is becoming one of my favourites but I think I’ll start mixing pudding with water to avoid the texture which seems to happen with the almond milk.

Dinner was out at crabby joe's but it was okay since it was fajita night. I was able to limit myself to half the normal amout of tortillas I'd use and passed the cheese over to my bro to have. I'm hoping it won't throw me off too much. We'll see tomorrow morning!

I’ve also been issued a new challenge: no buying any junk food at work. Outside work is fair game but at work there is no coffee cart impulse purchases and no more carrot cake! I already planned on not cheating but this is just extra incentive. We don’t really have a reward or penalty at the moment, just mostly a who can do it longer type thing. I think I can do it but I have my weaknesses which will be the hardest to avoid. Here they are in no particular order:
  • Ice cream sundae bar
  • Carrot cake
  • Oatmeal chocolate chip muffins
  • Wine gums
  • Diet Pepsi
  • Chocolate peanut butter peanut diabetes square
Most of them won’t be too much of an issue until I start losing more weight. When I get to a good point, I tend to get really relaxed in my lifestyle. I eat out more, I have treats because I’ve “earned” it. It’s a slippery slope so I’m hoping this little challenge might help me out. I’m just hoping that she’ll hold on as long as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment