I was going to pick up a chicken on the way home from the service today but then decided I wanted to cook after all. In a complete impulse decision I stopped by M&M and picked up marinated steak which I then thawed and grilled in the oven (I still don’t trust my messed up bbq). I steamed up some broccoli and cauliflower and sautéed some zucchini in garlic and butter and voila - super awesome dinner!
The only problem was I had a mishap with the shredded zucchini. I knocked the spoon a bit when it was in the frying pan and it splattered bits of searing hot zucchini onto my wrist. Incredibly painful and left two red marks behind. Sometimes eating healthy can be dangerous!
I was able to stay away from all forms of temptation today, including pop! I added one extra “meal” and that was ½ cup of high-protein cereal but I just felt like I needed a little something extra later in the evening. I’m on the right track though - the 2lbs I put back on after the weekend has come back off. The scale is back to moving in the right direction again.
I’m staying motivated to keep on target since I bought a dress online last night. It is such a cute dress and I think it will be awesome in Italy, either for the wedding or for strolling down the streets (and hills) of Sorrento, sipping on some wine, nibbling on some cheese. *Sigh* When it arrives I’ll let you know if I have to kick it up a notch since I might not have enough time to exchange it and the size up might not be in stock anymore as I got it on crazy clearance!
No comments:
Post a Comment