Friday, August 31, 2012

Uh oh, the scale has stopped… Oh there it goes.

Another drop today oddly enough right after I exercised. Huhn.

I made my first home made protein powder pancakes from a recipe my friend gave to me the other day. The website it came from had a bunch more low-carb, wheat free recipes which I bookmarked. There are recipes for jube-jube type treats and low and behold there was a puppy chow recipe! I read the reviews though and I don’t think I’ll try them since they’re made with pork rinds and people say they’re really disappointing.

I was ravenous by 10:15 so I popped upstairs to get some fruit from the cafeteria - strawberries, pineapple and a few orange pieces. I know I could make it myself for cheaper but I don’t have to worry about it going bad in my fridge. Lunch was broccoli, leftover sausage, and some sugar free jello. Afternoon snack was choco mint pudding and a marshmallow bar on my way home.

I wasn’t starving so we took our time getting to dinner. I did up some burgers and made a nice big salad. We watched some TV and booked up some tickets to see what we hope will be the biggest, baddest action movie of the summer - The Expendables 2. We saw the first one and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not going to win any Oscars but it’s a nice brain shut down movie. We were going to head to Western Film to see the late show, which this week is Ted but we decided to stay away from campus for a while due to the influx of raging co-eds.

I felt I didn’t want to waste my night so I popped down to the basement and did 30 min on the elliptical. Nothing that got my heart racing but did get me a nice glisten going. On a hot day like today even with the A/C running in the house, it’s nice to get a nice cold shower in after a good workout.

One last thing to do before we leave is for me to re-lace my blades. There is some unknown goo all over my left blade and it’s getting annoying when I’m out and then I get that goo on my hands which then gets me feeling gross for the rest of my blade. It’s one less reason to hold me back from blading into the fall - my favourite time of year. Not to hot, not too cold and less people on the paths to run over (either intentional or not).

No comments:

Post a Comment