Sunday, August 26, 2012

So close!

I weighed in yesterday and today at the same weight so I feel good posting my weight loss marker. I’m .6 lbs away from hitting the first big goal!

I crossed over the border yesterday to pick up my dress and tunic, as well as my brother and sister-in-law’s packages. I also did some shopping to pick up some little things I was running out of and didn’t realize when I went on Monday.

I had the approximate total of the order and added my newly acquired items to the list and came up with just over $650. Considering I was only gone 3 hours, I knew there was a big risk of getting pulled over and I had been running duty free for far too long to have this one pass.

Sure enough, I was handed a little yellow slip of paper and told to go to the area with the little green lights were flashing. The guards were incredibly nice and it was a quick in and out but it did put a dent in my wallet. Still a great deal though - sometimes you can’t beat the selection of things you can have shipped there as opposed to here.

I got home, showered up again (it was really, really hot out yesterday) and tried on the dress. Or at least I attempted to try on the dress. When I read the reviews of people saying that the arm holes were really small I figured that they’d be just a little snug. I could only get my arms in about ¾ of the way through. I know there’s no way to spot reduce so I’m going to have to do some alterations.

Neil brought up the point that it might not fit me in other places, not just the arms so I should probably check to see if it’s a reasonable goal to fit it in five weeks. I couldn’t remember where my measuring tape is so I took a piece of yarn (which I have lots of) and wrapped it around my ribcage where the tightest part of the dress sits. I then laid out the dress and put the yarn across it, flipped it and finished wrapping the yarn around. I still need about an inch to come off before I can fit it comfortably.

In order to get it in the size up, I have to buy a new dress at the full price and return the dress I bought for a refund. Here’s what they say about exchanges: Unfortunately, we do not accept exchanges at this time. If you wish to exchange your item, please return the original merchandise and place a new order. You will receive a refund for the returned merchandise as soon as it is processed. Note: shipping charges will apply on the new order.

Gah.

I’m going to rip some seams and try it on to see what I can do to get the dress on over my head and see what might have to be done to make it work and see if it’s something I can do myself or have to get to a seamstress to tackle. I’m sure it’ll be fine but it just motivates me to get into the gym a bit more. I’ll try to get to bed early tonight so that I can wake up a half hour earlier to get on that elliptical. I know, I’ve said that before but the reality of possibly not going to be able to wear that dress to the wedding has hit hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment