Saturday, August 11, 2012

Temptation thy name is popcorn!

I had a little moment of weakness and had some popcorn and doritos last night. I knew I wasn't actually hungry but something inside my head was all "Do it, you've lost 5 pounds since Sunday... you deserve it". I have to fire that voice in my head - she wreaks way too much havoc on my waist line.

Prior to that break down I had a decent day. I had made the omelette again for breakfast, but this time in the microwave, hoping it'd be better. It wasn't, but unfortunately I didn't realize it until 8:55am and the grill at work closes for breakfast at 9. I ended up grabbing 3 hard boiled eggs, peeling and slicing them and nuking them for a bit to warm them up. It was heaven. Man I love eggs!

Lunch was a chicken breast and steamed carrots instead of the soup which filled me up so much that I didn't feel the need to have my afternoon snack until around 3:30 (about an hour later than usual). My body is starting to adjust to the amount of food and the frequency so now it's just to tweak it to be a well oiled, fat burning machine!

I'm still holding steady with the weight that dropped in the first few days. I finally got my little booklet on how to do your own "Ideal Protein" diet and gave it a read over. I was following the plan that came with the food but even that turns out to be too much food. By that I only mean that I was eating too much of the packet food and not enough veggies. I'm going to re-write my meal plan and add a bunch more veggies into it and remove two of the pudding / shakes through the day.

I'm going to a friend's place out of town today for a bbq and game evening so I'm hoping I'll be able to keep it together. We're bringing a veggie tray and I'm hoping a dessert that I don't enjoy eating so that I'll feel less tempted. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment