Monday, August 27, 2012

Cardio-oh-oh!

6am alarm - woke up refreshed and feeling happy. Did I feel refreshed and happy enough to go to the basement and do some cardio? No. Reset the alarm for 6:45 and rolled back over to sleep. Ahhh… rainy morning sleep in.

For breakfast I thought I’d try something new. I found a few you tube videos of people on the similar meal plans and they showed how to make a milkshake from the pudding and some sugar free syrup. I used chocolate pudding and caramel sauce and put it in the blender with some almond milk. I can’t say I loved it but it was a nice change.

Got packed up and went to work at the usual time, went up to the caf to grab my ice and water and wanted to grab a little fruit. No strawberries. Dang it. Moved on to the rest of my morning anticipating the late morning Body Flow class. Did I say anticipate, I meant dread. I really, really didn’t want to do class but it was me who suggested going to my co-worker on Friday. Throughout the morning I noticed that she hadn’t arrived yet. Class time drew closer and still no sign of her. Time came for class and still nothing. I breathed a sigh of relief and cracked into my sugar free lime jello. Sweet reward for doing a whole lot of nothing.

I got home from taking Mr. Higgins to the vet and was really hungry. I put my tilapia in the sink to thaw and thought I’d try on some of the clothes I bought for Italy to pass the time. The shirts were no problem, but I knew they’d be okay. The skirt - a little clingy on the belly but still looked fine. Tried on one pair of capri pants. Um. Yeah. I can do them up but I don’t think I can breathe. At that moment, I decided to go downstairs and get some time in on that elliptical. I also told Neil that tomorrow morning when my alarm goes off to kick me out of bed and make me exercise. I really want to get eight more pounds off before I leave.

I was showing my friend the arm holes today and it was then that I noticed that the actual arm hole on the dress where it meets the cap sleeve is a normal opening. The problem with the sleeve is that it’s tapered down sharply on the top part instead of being a bit “fluttery”. I think what I’m going to do is take the sleeves off and try the dress on. If everything is hunky dory then I’ll put the sleeves back on but I’ll do some pinch pleats to give me some breathing room. Hope has not been lost yet for this dress, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment