Monday, August 6, 2012

Not as bad as I thought it would be

Day two was pretty good. I had the berry yogurt smoothie with an omelet for breakfast and added about half a pepper to it. I wasn’t super impressed with the pan prep (ended up breaking so it turned more into scrambled eggs with bits) so I think I’ll try the microwave prep version next time now that the microwave / range has been put up (thanks Neil!). Snack one was vanilla cream pudding / shake which I mixed with my almond milk and holy crap it was it good!
Lunch was the creamy chicken soup mix. I added carrots and celery to the mix and that was crazy good. I forgot about the protein bar for about an hour so I ate up my marshmallow chocolate bar just before having my chocolate mint pudding.

Dinner was a chicken breast with mesquite rub then I made rice, steamed broccoli and then sautéed shredded zucchini with garlic, salt and pepper. Evening snack was a dark chocolate shake.

I’m hoping to get up and do a little bit of cardio tomorrow and then prepare all my food for tomorrow but we‘ll see how that goes because I‘ve been staying up a little later than usual lately and sleep is something I can‘t seem to get enough of lately.

I think being prepared is the key for getting back on track. I used to plan ahead and pack up food and carry healthy snacks with me everywhere but fast food became my crutch. It’s such a slippery slope, no matter how healthy they’re promote themselves as, it’s just not worth the temptation of stepping through those golden arches.

I did weigh in significantly less this morning but I think it’s because my recent weight gain was mostly water weight (or at least that’s what I’m going with). If it maintains, I’ll update the tally on the right and update my marbles in the weight loss jars. Here’s for hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment