Friday, August 17, 2012

Oh good, there it goes

I stepped on the scale this morning and was surprised to find myself down almost 2lbs again. I know things fluctuate from day to day but it still makes me happy. I started breakfast off with pancakes then had a chocolate with marshmallow pudding for my morning snack. Lunch was pineapple and strawberries and cauliflower (for lunch part one) and then a sausage (for lunch part two). Just before lunch I was dying for a can of pop. I didn’t give in but man, was it heard to get through lunch staring at every dark bubble filled tasty bottle that walked by and were sitting at my lunch table. I’m really trying to make an effort to not drink pop as well as not spend as much money at the cart / cafeteria. I kept thinking “JP’s not here, she won’t know if I have a can of pop. How will she know?!” but I held strong and just had a packet of crystal light that I keep in my drawer for emergencies. Afternoon snack was a sliced up green pepper and a peanut butter bar of some sorts. I like this one because it’s crispy and sweet but not so sweet it makes me crave more sugar. I had my cheesey mac dinner and I’m feeling fairly satisfied for the night. I had another challenge today and that was making cupcakes to bring to a birthday party tomorrow. I LOVE cupcakes and more so, I love buttercream icing. I mixed up both vanilla and chocolate mix and managed to only lick a little of the beater when it was done. I pulled them out of the oven and decided I needed to try one of each to make sure that they were good enough to share with others. I ripped them in half then tried half of that half for taste and texture and put the rest in a container to give to my bro tomorrow when he comes over. I was very proud of my restraint! I still need to make the icing but I think I’ll be able to keep it to just small enough of a taste to make sure I’m feeding people icing that is perfect. I’m hoping to stay away from the finished products tomorrow. I’m really on the move now with keeping the scale moving down. I have a goal and dammit, I want to meet it and beat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment