Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I did it!

I weighed in this morning and I weighed in down 25.6lbs WHOOOOOOOOO! I know I shouldn’t get super excited but I had to share, even though tomorrow I might weigh in higher but I had to share. I’m not going to declare the goal met until it’s maintained until around three days but for now WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Before the weigh in, I woke up around 3am to use the washroom and since my bed is so high I have to sit up then jump out a bit. When I sat up and swung my legs over the side of the bed, my “floating” rib went out on my left side. I gasped so loudly that Neil woke up. It went back in but it didn’t feel the best. I told him that little thing I had asked him to do when my alarm when off, not to do anymore. I reset my clock to normal waking hour when I came back to bed and slept the pain away.

I took my car to my mechanic this morning to get a whir diagnosed. Turned out to be the wheel bearings (as I had feared) and was about how much I had thought they’d be (just over $500). When I picked CC up he pointed out a noise which I had only heard since my last tune up. When I accelerate from low speeds, the muffler makes a tinny rumble. I’m going back to the dealership Wednesday to get that looked at before my warranty runs out. I’m cutting it close as it runs out on Thursday.

Work was decent today, however, when I went to root through my backpack for my charger, I realized my fork had pierced a packet of protein powder. It was everywhere. I had a change of clothes in there for physio, my charger and some paperwork. I went to the washroom and shook everything off and blew all the powder out of my charger. The only concern I had was that this protein powder can also be a pudding. All I was envisioning was a light coat of pudding all over everything once I started to wash things up. I did manage to get most of the powder out but everything was damp so I tried a quick dry with my desk fan.

After I got home and pulled everything out of my dirty, slightly sticky bag, I decided it was the final sign to retire my old 10 year old north face day pack with a new model. I wandered into MEC to see if they had the pack I was eyeing up online for a few weeks. Sure enough, it was there and fit me perfectly once I adjusted up the straps. Here’s a pic of my new Deuter pack. I call her Betty. Betty the blackberry backpack. Yeah, I know she has a flower on her , for some reason they put a hair tie with a flower on their ladies models. Its up for grabs if you want it.

Eating was great today. Pancakes, orange sugar-free jello, choco marshmallow pudding, talapia and salsa, chocolate peanut butter bar and my favourite salad at work, the layered julienne salad with ham and swiss cheese mixed in. I added broccoli and cauliflower, dressing to make for one happy Cat! I’m still able to avoid most temptation but every time I see the check mix commercial, it makes me want to make puppy chow. Whoever named it must have been a strange soul but oh my goodness does it takes divine. Maybe once I come back from Italy I’ll make a batch and bring it in to work (if it lasts that long).

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Cat! Celebrate away, you should proud that your hard work and determination are paying off.

    ReplyDelete