I woke up and really didn’t feel like going to work. I sucked it up and got moving without hitting snooze. I fed Higgins then went down to weigh myself. Still the same so I felt like I need to push it a bit more. I can’t really eat better but I think cardio is the best way to get moving again.
Once I had my shower I made eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast, packed up leftover pulled pork and veggies for lunch along with my sugar free jello and a big bowl’o broccoli. Work moved along well enough and I was able to avoid the cake at a wedding shower this afternoon.
I left at my usual time and headed out to my car. When I was pulling away I was flagged down by a woman who asked if I parked in the area. She was a rep from the company I rent my spot from and handed me a flyer saying that they’re going to be doing some work Friday and Saturday. I read it and it said they were going to be cleaning the lots and painting lines. I let out a little happy squeal and she asked if I was the one who had sent the email to which I replied that I was. She said she was the one who pushed the owner to do it once they got my email. I felt like I made a difference in my little piece of the world.
When I arrived home I got a phone call from my car dealership to follow up on a my email request to look into my engine mount issue. My advisor told me he has spoken with his manager and with the used car manager and he’s doing everything he can to have it covered. He doesn’t feel I should have to pay for the repair but he has to get all his ducks in a row before they have me come back in. Score two for Cat today.
I got home and sliced up some sausage and sautéed them to brown them. I pulled out half for me and added spaghetti sauce and some herbs for Neil. I decided that today I’d live a little and make some rice pasta shells to go with my meat and add a bit of pesto which I found in the cupboard behind the spaghetti sauce. I was really happy with my concoction I forgot I had a bowl o’ broccoli in the kitchen to eat with it.
Cardio wasn’t really the thing I wanted to do but I got on that metal horse and rode it for 45 minutes while watching and episode and a half of my manstress Scott McGillvary renovate income properties. Neil also came down about half way through and kept me company. Made the time a go a little faster.
The biggest thing I accomplished today was making a date to attempt a big rollerblade. I started thinking two days ago that bussing in and rollerblading home might be a great way to save a bit of money and get some exercise. I find the best way to commit to an exercise and that is recruiting someone to go through the torture with me.
A coworker of mine extended an open invitation to go running with me when I rollerbladed. Through a chain of emails today we decided to try it Saturday morning. I’m going to drive in to work to meet her there to start the 6.6km trek back to my house. Most of it is uphill so I hope I’ll make it without needing too many breaks. Neil will then drive her home and me back to my car. Hopefully I’ll still be able to walk on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment