Sunday, August 19, 2012
I came, I sang, I hot tubbed
Not in that particular order but man did I have a great time at my friend’s birthday party tonight. I was worried on my way in that there might not be much I can nibble on and that I should have brought a few emergency snacks. Then I realized that most of the people there (including the hostess) have food issues so I knew I’d be good and I wasn’t disappointed. I did bring my own non-boozey bevies so I wouldn’t be tempted by the devil’s sugary brew.
I was able to avoid the chips, crackers and dips and topped up on veggies. I did cave and had two fresh rolls as they are one of my weaknesses, especially if they’re accompanied by PC memories of panda sauce.
I felt good about everything and then I brought out the cupcakes for everyone and I didn’t have one (not even to lick the icing)! It took all I had to not eat it but in my head I just kept thinking it will be worth it in the long run to just hold out. Once the sugar and starch are out of my system, the desire will eventually subside (I hope). My goal is that one day I’ll be able to have a treat and just have one of any treat and not feel the need to eat the entire bag, plate, platter or box.
In a totally unrelated to my weight loss journey story, I’m incredibly proud of myself today for not buying a new car. My brother and I went out to pre-shop for 2012 models when I’m ready to trade in / sell my Matrix. I wanted to buy a two year old car at that time so I figured I’d sit in them, maybe do a test drive and make notes of fuel economy etc. I fell in love with the Honda Fit and was *this* close to buying one but luckily I was able to come back to my senses and remembered that I’m not allowed to make impulse purchases over $100 anymore. I have to go home and think about what I’m about to do and usually that gives me enough time to come to my senses. No fit for me right now but I tell you in two years when I’m ready to trade in Cee Cee, it’ll be on top, closely completing with the cube. Yeah, I know, it’s an asymmetrical crazy looking thing but I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment