Thursday, August 23, 2012

Look out - she’s gonna blow!

I figured it was too good to be true yesterday. I gained a pound but that’s cool. I figured that was too much of a drop for one day. This came after one of my more frazzled mornings this week.

 My cell phone alarm didn’t wake me up since the battery died at some point during my slumber. I got up, ran down to plug in the charger and replied to an early morning request. I ran back upstairs, showered, ran down to the basement to do my hair and weigh myself. Up a pound? Meh. I’m still generally losing so I’m happy.

For today's food pack I made three boiled eggs and two cups of broccoli. The eggs were going to be for breakfast but then I realized I had no protein for lunch. I then remembered our fancy pants grill at work offers breakfast. I got an egg white omelet with peppers, onion and ham with just a little cheese. I had the broccoli and eggs for lunch along with a few pieces of fruit, vanilla pudding for a snack in the afternoon.

After work I donated blood and had a internal dialogue about whether or not to have the cookies. I had a diet coke and then figured that I’ve been really good lately so a few cookies to pop my blood sugars back up wouldn’t be a bad thing. I had 4 oreos and 2 fudgee-os and don’t feel one ounce of remorse for it.

I stopped in at M&M on the way home to pick up burgers and buns (for Neil) but while there I saw a few things that were just too good to pass up. Montreal smoked meat, ginger beef and an entire stuffed chicken are now added to our freezer stock pile. After we finished eating the burger and a side salad, we started out on our adventure to find a new BBQ. We have said for the past few summers that when the season was over we’d pick up a good BBQ on sale. We finally killed our current grill so we did a bit of research and headed to the north side. We stopped at Lowes to see what stock they had left. We had a question and played the “can I help you” riff. No one came. We gave them about 5 minutes and still nothing. I was going to start to look for someone but then Neil said we should just go to our next destination because it seems they didn’t really want our business. Off to crappy tire!

We took a good look around the sale grills over there and found that we liked three different ones for different reasons. We finally settled on the cheaper of the three because it had everything we wanted. The others had nice extra features but were $100-150 more. We had an interesting time getting it into the house but we managed. It’s now sitting in the middle of the kitchen, pretty much where the stove lived during the renovation. Hopefully it will be assembled shortly after Neil finishes his exam so I can give it a test run on the long weekend!

I’ve been having a issue with my body and it’s digestion systems. Let’s just say I’m having issues with the tail end of the digestion process. I’m normally super regular but I’ve gone a day or two without well, going, since starting this meal plan. In my last order, I picked up a bottle of “herbal colon cleanse“ which is bark, aloe, senna, marshmallow root and some psyllium fiber. I’ve never had an issue taking fiber before so I took the recommended dose on Tuesday night, noting that they said to allow up to 12 hours for it to start working. I took it around 9pm, figuring it’d kick in overnight and help out when I woke up. No such luck. I got through breakfast and lunch. No dice. Around 2:30 I started getting a bit of pain in my stomach. Uh oh. Grumbles, stab, pressure… Not now! I wish it had either happened seven hours earlier or two hours later but I’m just happy things are now back in working order. Needless to say I’ll be taking half doses (or less) when using them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment