Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It’s up, it’s down.

I woke up this morning in a bit of a groggy state but I got up and stumbled down to feed the cat and have a shower and start breakfast. Normally, the first thing I’d do is feed the cat to shut him up then roll down to the basement to weigh myself. I was avoiding it after the wingcident yesterday.

When I finally went down to do my hair I tapped the scale with my toe, dropped the robe and stepped on. The circles moved right, then left then my weight flashed up. Dammit - I’m up.

I went on with my morning routine, got dressed and rolled out to work in a bit of a grump at myself. When I got to work I ate my egg white omelet, went up to get water then came back to start my work. About a half an hour later I decided to do the math on exactly how much I gained. I typed it in and it said loss of 23.4 - wha? That’s down almost 2 lbs?! Turns out that in my head I rearranged a bunch of the numbers of what I thought I weighed yesterday. That made me so a little happy chair dance and definitely boosted my mood for the rest of the morning.

I had an omelet for breakfast with mushroom, green onion and peppers in it. I picked up a small dish of strawberries and pineapple for a snack. Broccoli and chicken for lunch and pudding and almonds for afternoon snack. I grabbed a pop on my way to physio to help fill my belly up and hold me over until dinner. I’m going to develop serious withdrawal once dollar drink days are over in a week and a bit but maybe it’s for the best. I was trying to be good because we were going for our bi-weekly dinner with my bro and sister-in-law. I tried to keep it healthy and ordered the stir fry with extra veggies and no rice. A HUGE bowl of veggies with a bit of chicken in it. Pretty tasty and very filling.

I’ve told a few people about doing body pump on Friday and we have another person joining us now so I can’t back out. No matter how much I really don’t want to start working out again. I’m even trying to set up rollerblading for Saturday morning. I know I used to love to work out but since I stopped kickboxing I’ve just lost a bunch of my zest for the gym.

I’m incredibly happy I’m losing weight without working out at the moment but I know that’s not going to last. Also, my arm won’t stop waving after my hand stopped moving unless I start doing push ups and dips or something like that. Anyone want to workout by proxy for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment