I was met in the London Life parking lot this morning by my fitness promoting / snack cart avoiding comrade this morning at 8:45. I finished doing up my ridiculously long laces and got ready to roll. The first portion of the trip was fairly chill, my just moving along with a few pumps here and there to keep me going and to not get too far ahead of her. I got away from her a bit on the first downhill but then she caught up to me at the light.
Ahead of me was the first big hill. Dun dun dunnnn! I took the hill at her pace to not get ahead of her and man, was that hard on the gams. After that we took to the bike lane which I found out if you’re running or blading in, you go facing traffic, bikes go with traffic. The more you know! It was a bit more work after the bike lane ended as there’s a slight uphill all the way up to commissioners (we was on Ridout). The last portion was a bit steeper so I pushed ahead of her (with her blessing). The light allowed for a short break before the big one.
I took off as fast I could to get some momentum but I just couldn’t make it. I had to take a break about ¾ of the way up because my legs were just burning. I made it up then had to keep going up at a smaller incline but then got a little reprieve on a short downhill before the final hill. The rest of the way home was just a breeze! Mad props to her though, she ran home after we got back to my place after walk / jogging to head office to meet me.
It took about 50 minutes from work to home but I think that when I do it full tilt I’ll be able to do it in about 35. I’ve got it in my calendar to do one more time next week so I’ll know for sure if it’s a viable option to get me home when I’m feeling sassy.
A shower was definitely in order and after that Neil brought me back to work to get my car. We made something to eat then took of for Toronto. We had a nice adventure when the 401 was too backed up to keep me sane when it was my turn behind the wheel. I bought a new helmet (more skater style than biker style) and I’m already planning how to customize it. I’ll start sketching it out over the weekend and then get my buddy who does vinyl to do the decals for me. The other custom parts will have to be built but I think I can handle it.
I finally made my way through the book Wheat Belly on our drive home from the T-dot. I should clarify that I didn’t read the entire thing, I got to page 147 then skipped ahead to 191 where it actually works through the process of removing wheat from your diet and what to expect. I read about celiac disease, IBS, diabetes, obesity, heart issues, arthritis and many other issues which wheat can cause issues for. I even read most of the section on slowing down the aging process. I’m surprised I lasted that long as each section listed a disease or condition, the cause and the reason why/how wheat impacts it. I got the point so I moved on to the section about making better decisions.
It’s pretty straightforward and for the most part I’ve been following the diet already but it’s nice that there are some recipes in the back to try out. I’m hoping that doing some more cardio tomorrow morning will help keep the scale back moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment