Saturday, September 15, 2012

The big three - oh!

I hit the next milestone on my list - I’ve dropped 30 lbs so far since February (19 since early August)! I felt much less bloated this morning when I woke up so I figured I’d weigh myself to see if my weight felt that was as well. Sure enough the digital numbers just blinked on and off through each number pixel combination until it stopped at that magic number.

I went upstairs and told Neil I had hit my marker, did a happy dance and then finished getting ready for work. I packed light on food and threw a few atkins bars in my bag along with my workout gear. After I walked from my parking spot to the doors at work I realized I had left my runners in the car. I almost considered leaving them and just bailing on my workout but that was a pretty weak excuse. I had a few minutes to spare so I walked back to the car to get them.

I’m not sure if I’m glad that I did yet - the class was SO hard to get through after lifting with my trainer last night. My shoulders and pecks are burning, along with my abs. I was putting safety eyes on my latest crochet creation and I had to use some force to put the back on and my abs were just burning from stabilizing.

After work I made it to Toyota to pick up a drive belt, went to Scotiabank to set up the process of paying off my car (well, moving it to my less interest line of credit) and then went to Futureshop to pick up my new toy for my trip (and beyond). I grabbed McD’s on the way home (double cheese, no bun) and set to work on the kitchen.

A few weeks ago I purchased a pull out rack for our pantry to help organize it better. It’s been sitting in the box since then and I decided it was time to put it in. I used Neil’s fancy drill to get the supports in and then to secure the shelf to the existing brackets. I put the overflow Tupperware in the racket then started organizing the rest of the kitchen.

My bro came over then I started organizing the coffee table and my giant stack of magazines while we were catching up on the week. While he played Wii, I started on my latest crochet commission. It’s a surprise so I can’t share until it’s been given. I’m already very proud of it even though I’m only about 1/5th done.

The last thing I did this evening was take care of my motivation jars. When I went back to see my trainer, she asked how my jars were coming and I just gave her a blank look. One of those cartoon stunned set of blinks that makes noise every time their eyes close and open. She reminded me of the jam jars I have with glass rocks inside, signifying how much I have achieved (going for the glass half full approach). I’m getting really excited since they’re starting to become even with each other. Ten more marbles and I’m half way!

No comments:

Post a Comment