Thursday, September 27, 2012

I do!

Tonight I decided to ask myself to marry me. I thought I’d bring a little bling with me to show I was attached to a man in some way shape or form while on vacation. It’s a little bit Sue Sylvester from that strange episode of Glee, but I’ll roll with it.

I had a facial tonight and when I was done being sandblasted, blinded and electrocuted I wandered the mall to find the above mentioned bling and then bring something home for dinner. I scarfed down some Manchu Wok grilled chicken (which you can a whole bunch of in cute awesome takeout box) then ran out the door to play the season opener of my rec league volleyball team. I was a little hesitant to go because my “good” achilles tendon was feeling a bit snappy.

We did quite well considering the only people on the court from last year was the captain and myself. Thankfully, unlike other years, there were more than six people there! I got to sit out quite a bit in rotation so my foot didn’t get too angry. I got all my serves over and hit the ball over the net about 80 per cent of the time. Not too bad for not playing in five months.

I should have packed when I came home but then decided that I should work on transferring media to my tablet instead. I’ll pack tomorrow - I’ve got lots of time, right?

P.S. I gained a few pounds but I’m really now using them as a benchmark for rewards. I’m fitting smaller clothes, I’m feeling great and energized so that’s really what matters.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on marrying your lovey self. I am positive you've made a good choice here! Also, many props for the great volleyball showing - for not having played in 5 months that's not too shabby at all.

    I hope you are enjoying Italy lady! I'll see you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete