Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy happy, joy joy!

I answered a call tonight that made my day. Toyota is going to pay to fix my car for me! Two engine mounts and a drive belt was going to cost me $756 after tax for fix was going to hurt the bank account, especially after dishing around $530 to replace my front bearings a week ago. I’ll definitely be buying my service advisor a Tim’s card to his pushing for the repair.

 Today I decided to treat myself for dropping one of the pounds I gained back by making a double batch of protein pancakes for breakfast. I had strawberries for a snack then had an omelet from work for lunch. I had jello and broccoli throughout the afternoon and a few almonds tossed in to mix it up.

 Dinner was my biweekly meet up with my brother and his wife for dinner. We went to Kelsey’s where none of us have been in a while. They do have a bunch of salads and lighter fare but I still decided to go for a bacon cheeseburger with no bun and steamed veggies instead of salad / taters / soup. I was really impressed with the burger - juicy, seasoned well but for my veggies I got four spears of broccoli, three baby carrots and one strip of red pepper.

Disappointing but the taste of the burger outweighed the negative of a smaller side. Another disappointment was the height of the booths. It was laughing and my head tilted back and smacked on the top of the booth which had a heavy molding on the top of it. I had an almost instant wicked headache but thankfully sis in law had some pain killers on her. Combine that with some of her home made pain killer rub and I’ve been in a pretty decent mood ever since.

 I spent some time assembling my food for tomorrow so when I roll out of bed a half hour earlier, I won’t have to stress about whether I have enough snacks to get me through the 9 hour workshop I’m in tomorrow. We’re not even allowed to leave for lunch as we have to do an activity at that time. They sent a note out saying lunch will be provided but knowing work, that’s either pizza or sandwiches. I asked the organizer what to expect since I’m avoiding wheat. She said that she ordered extra salad to cover the need for other diet needs. I might just make a run for the caf to get a chicken breast to put on the salad. If you see a streak of ginger running from the auditorium tomorrow get out of the way, I’m a woman on a mission!Happy happy, joy joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment