Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sangriaaaaaaaaaaa Saturday

I didn’t get a chance to weigh myself this morning, seeing that I wasn’t home but I did weigh myself Saturday morning and weighed in at an even 29lbs down. Six pounds in 19 days? I think I can handle that! Here’s what I look at every morning at work as a reminder (taken earlier in the week):


I had a great time yesterday, even though a large portion of it was own my own. I got to the Sarnia border I spent a bit of time waiting then just when it was my turn to go, I got the no-go sign from the guard. Shift change. Durr. When I got there the newb asked me a whole whack of questions I’ve never been asked before. He finally let me go and off I went to pick up my mail.

From there I went to a bunch of different stores in Roseville, using the GPS in my phone which I had pre loaded with the maps so I wouldn’t have to use data while roaming. When I got back on the highway to head down to Trader Joe’s in Grosse Pointe it seemed to load up but when I scrolled down to the map when I got close, the map had disappeared. Thank goodness I still had my back up printout to go from. I couldn’t make it on the street I needed to because of a village block party but was able to park behind.

When I came out to main street, I couldn’t find the store, or anything that looked remotely close to a grocery store. I asked a few people but they were there for the festival and said they didn’t know. I started walking away from the village because the notes on my map said drive 45 seconds. I figure that’s about  10 minutes of walking so I started moving. I got about 10 min out but saw another little village up the hill. I got up there and it was dead. I ran into a woman on the edge of the village and she said something along the lines of you’ve gone WAY too far and proceeded to explain to me that the place I was going was across the street and down a lane way from where I had parked. <sigh>.

I started jogging (yes, me, jogging) back towards town but that only lasted a block or so, then I returned to a fast walk (I was in jean capris and holding a big shoulder bag). Other than almost getting lost in downtown Detroit everything went smoothly. *side note* when I got home I googled the distance between Trader Joe’s and the place where I turned around and round trip it was 1.4 miles (2.25km in Canuck terms).

About an hour and a half after I got to my host and hostess’ house we piled into their Flex with another couple and rolled off to meet the shuttle. A half hour or so later, we were strolling into wine fest. I was hoping they’d have smaller samples so I could figure out what kind of wine I like. Turns out you could only buy 5oz servings. Once I found this out, I picked up two tokens and throughout the early parts in the evening drank two nice glasses of sangria. I checked out the fare, but had a few bars packed in my purse which I got past security, just in case. Lucky for me they had a Mongolian grill place at which I had some delicious chicken skewers.

Throughout the night we had some great chats and listened to some fun music. We grabbed a shuttle bus back and after listening to some annoying super drunk co-riders. Since I was sober, I got to drive us back in the Flex. Score one for the sober kid.

Today I had breakfast with my lovely hostess at a little greasy spoon - two eggs, four strips of bacon and some slices of tomato to make up for the lack to toast. I stopped off at McD’s on the way home for a dollar drink and a double cheeseburger, no bun. I ended up not eating it until about 2/3 of the way home because I was full from my cookie dough bar which I had for “lunch”.

After getting home and getting everything unpacked and settled, I made dinner. Since I had picked up some coconut oil for cooking over the border, I decided to make some fried fish. I thawed some of my tilapia, coated it in parmesan, mango chipotle seasoning from club house with a dash of garlic salt and pan fried it in about a tsp of coconut oil. I’ll add that to my cooking back pocket to use in the future since it was incredibly delicious!

I know I said I’d post dress pictures today but I’ve said so much about the weekend already. I’ll post tomorrow, guide’s honour!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were a Guide, though I suppose it doesn't surprise me. You're the most prepared hair maven I know! (And that's probably a Scouts motto now that I think on it). Regardless! Glad to hear you had a fun weekend, and I hope the recipe I sent your way works out this week.

    I also have a Q for you: I'm in a wedding next month (Oct. 20th) and it seems my natural waist size is up 0.5-inch since February so the dress is a bit snug. I don't think it's a wholesale case of "you bought a dress size too small" because the bust and hips fit perfectly. Any suggestions for trimming that much by Oct. 20th? I don't know much/anything about the rate at which bodies can healthily gain or shed inches; most my (limited) knowledge is related to weight. Some tips would be super helpful if you've got any. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete