Thursday, September 20, 2012

Busted!

I saw my trainer for the first time this week. I had run in to her here and there when my friend and I were working out earlier in the week. When I walked in she asked me how my legs were feeling from my squats. I said I was sore but she kept razzing me. I was trying to figure out where she was going and finally she told me.

I used to be really hesitant about doing squats, especially weighted ones so I told her that I couldn’t do them. It wasn’t a lie, since my physio told me I shouldn’t. In any case, my friend and I were doing weighted squats Tuesday, and I was using the 45lb bar with two 5lb weights on it. My trainer spotted me and called me on it! Ah well, we’re focusing on upper body and core so I’m hoping she won’t make me do them just as payback.

Today’s work day menu was standard. Pancakes, strawberries, chicken, broccoli and jello and I added a bowl of beef vegetable soup. I saw my trainer after work then met up with Neil and my brother at Boston Pizza. They have some incredible choices but I settled on the bacon burger with a side salad without a bun. It really wasn’t that great but it was nice to have a visit with my bro. We went to Costco after and picked up a few things we needed, and a few we didn’t (as it is almost every time I go there).

I got home and made more progress on my top secret project. Nothing really exceptional happening on the scale either. Holding steady as usual.

Holy crap I’m one week away from Italy. I’m heading to the states this weekend to pick up some Atkins bars to stuff in my suitcase for the trip. I also have attempted to layout what the week’s activities are and plan my wardrobe accordingly. Packing light is key to allow tons of room for stuff to bring home. I’ve had a request for lemon soap and a horribly tacky magnet. I’ll be bringing home some wine as well and that stuff ain’t light!

No comments:

Post a Comment