Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rollin’ rollin’ rollin… keep that kitty goin’

I’ve done the “Atkins plan” for two days now. Not in the way that I’m actually counting carbs but using their bars and shakes to supplement instead of the Wonder Slim stuff, which I’m running out of. I picked a bunch up in the states the other day since they are almost half the price there as they are here.

The bars are pretty tasty but my favourite thing by far is the peanut butter cups! I find that since I’m not craving sugar anymore I found the atkins cups really easy to munch on since they’re not super sweet. I have put them the hall cupboard to make sure they’re out of sight because I could see me easily putting a few back every night.

My trip to the trainer was less painful as I thought I’d be. I told her I want to work more on the upper body and core since the body pump and power barbell classes focus heavily on the lower body in the 45 minute versions that I do. The new plan is barbell Monday at the Athletic Club with cardio after, Tuesdays with my trainer, Wednesday pump at work, Thursday with trainer with blading after and a potential bonus pump on Friday. Saturday / Sunday will be cardio at home or a nice big blade outdoors if I feel I haven’t done enough.

After I saw my trainer, Neil and I went out to Greenway to do some skating. I got a new helmet when he got his new skates and protective gear which arrived at work today. We lasted significantly longer than we did last time. Here’s us after we rolled around the park


One of the other things that arrived today were three cookbooks which are gluten free and/or sugar free. They’re still going to be things I can’t really eat that often (agave nectar still registers highish up on the glycemic index) but some of them look fantastically delicious!

Nothing huge on the scale to note. I had gained back a pound over the weekend but then I lost it again this morning so that’s great! I’m hoping that I can get to down 30 by the weekend. I’m hopefully going to do pump tomorrow with the girls at work if I haven’t ceased up from what I did with my trainer today.

No comments:

Post a Comment