I woke up with a big happy feeling. I don’t know why, it must have been because I had a large amount of sleep yesterday. Maybe it was the fact that we had to work a half day, and we could wear jeans. Maybe it was because I’m two belt notches smaller on my belt since mid-August.
I made pancakes and packed up the left over roasted cauliflower for my pre-lunch lunch. The morning was busy but moved along well. We took off for East Park around 1pm and chilled out at the picnic grounds until they opened up the grill. I was really impressed with the food - I had a honey garlic chicken breast with veggies, fruit and cheese. I kept away from the booze and a diet coke. After we ate, we had a quick but hilarious round of mini golf. It’s been a while since I’ve laughed that hard or been in the sun for that length of time.
I got home after dropping a few coworkers off, changed for my trainer session and headed to MEC to pick up an anti theft bag and ended up picking up a running belt to keep my keys and a water bottle in when I’m roller blading (since we all know I don’t really run).
I arrived at my trainer about 10 minutes late because of a three car accident on Wonderland between Exeter and Wharncliffe which is a nasty spot to start but add a closed lane and a bunch of rubber neckers it makes for a frustrating drive.
She worked me hard but there was a set of exercises that set off my gastric system. I had a silent, but deadly incident while doing some side twists. I had to be honest and warn her about it. Lots or protein and an entire head of cauliflower over a day isn’t the best combo for smelling like daises. We laughed about it - it’s a good thing that I’ve been training with her for a while.
After training Neil and I went to Greenway again. He loosened his wheels up so he can go faster and it made a huge difference in the amount of time it took to do the path this time. We went from the dog park parking lot area to the tunnel at the beginning of the path. At that point we turned around and went back under the wonderland bridge. We went past wonderland gardens, up the hill and decided to keep going until turning around at the water house thing in springbank. We had a few issues coming back going down a big hill, seeing that it was his second time out on the quad skates, which don’t have a heel brake.
An hour later (and from what I googled later is 10.4km in total) we got back to the car and headed home. I felt so invigorated! Tomorrow’s plan is to hit the gym with my pump ladies. I really am going to do class this time, mostly so if I choose not to exercise this weekend I won’t feel guilty about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment