Holy crap I’m down another two pounds! I attribute it mostly to the reduced amount of food I took in yesterday. The funny thing was I never felt like I was starving. Normally if I go more than two hours without food, I’m starving and looking for any snack possible to feed the hunger. Now, I find I can go longer without food and not need as much to fill me up when I do eat.
I woke up at 7am and couldn’t go back to sleep so I got up. I’ve switched from Wheat Belly to Fifty Shades Darker. I borrowed it from a friend and I’ve had it for a little bit now, I figured I’d polish it off this weekend. I have to say there is quite a mind shift that needed to happen between the two books.
After showering, I put on some yoga pants and then decided to look under my bed to see what clothes I had hidden under there from my smaller times. I had pulled a dress out from there yesterday and was so happy that it fit! It was a dress I wore when I met most of Neil’s high school friends just about four years ago.
The shirt I pulled out was a characterized Princess Leia holding a mirror up to Chewbaca after she did his hair. I love it and have never really felt comfortable wearing it because it’s a “ladies fit” which means shorter sleeves and a tighter torso. I put it on and went to a mirror. I was SO happy with how it looked I woke Neil up to show him! I have just been so happy with my body lately that I don’t mind wearing a few more form fitting things to show off my hard work.
At 10am I was at Costco when it opened and did a quick look around for a few things. The main target of this mission - steak. After coming downstairs and almost jabbing my belly with the side burner of our new BBQ into my belly, I decided today was the day that the new grill was going outside. And to honour the momentous occasion, a giant steak or two needed to be sacrificed to the grill gods.
After my usual “two or three things in the cart that don’t need to be there” round of Costco, I went to self checkout. I went to put my blueberries on the scanner and the tray opened up. Durr. I tried not to step on any before the clean up crew could arrive but one stray berry landed under the wheel of my cart, causing a nice splat pattern and subsequent drag mark. It made me giggle when the woman one line over said “That’s totally something I would do“ which is something I would say if I saw that happen.
On the upside, I purchased three GIANT steaks, brought them home and put some roasted pepper rub on two of them and left them to marinade.
After all that I did a trip back to Costco with my brother once I brought my stuff home and did a few random errands. We came back to my place and played a bit of our game we had going of Lego Star Wars: the Clone Wars until it was time for Neil and I to put wheels to pavement.
I drove us to Greenway park to test out his rollerblading skills. We suited up and hit the path. I was always a few strides ahead of him so that we wouldn’t take up the lane and I could give him some space. It was all good until about 10 minutes in when his feet hurt too much to go on. He took his blades off and walked to the car while I did another loop of the park. I figured I wouldn’t get any exercise if I just rolled along side him as he walked back and I’m happy that he understood. After a short list of errands, we got home to start cooking!
I seasoned the grill for the first time ever so there’s a bit of a process involved with that so while the grill was cooling off again, I did some 20 min on the elliptical. I was already in my workout gear so I figured I’d make the best of a sweaty situation.
The steaks turned out kind of meh off the grill but I finished them in the oven and they turned out well. I did the onions and mushrooms on the side burner and it was awesome not to have that smell linger around in the house. It was awesome in general just to have a new BBQ which works on the entire grill surface. I’m glad we finally bit the bullet at bought one, especially with the large amount of meat I’ve been eating lately.


No comments:
Post a Comment