Had a steady weigh in today, I’m so close to my Italy weight target I don’t want to mess anything up. I had a late start to my morning so I decided to have bruch since I was heading to the gym around lunch time with my friend. I made a double batch of pancakes and used a whole egg instead of just whites. Holy moley does it make a huge difference in taste! Just makes it that much richer tasting and I’m sure I was imagining it but they seemed to come out more fluffy.
I did a short upper body workout with a tiny bit of core added in. I tried to bail on the gym trip but I got the tsk tsk finger wave from her via text message. She was already going with her husband so I could have easily bailed on her but I decided to join her and help build a bit more muscle. I have to keep the guns in working order and have been slacking on that lately.
I dug more clothes out from the skinny bin and was able to put on a pair of jean shorts. I wiggled in and was able to do them up! They weren’t the best fit, a little muffin toppy but I was happy to be able to do them up.
Another friend and I went to visit our friends in Paris (ON) and climbed in to their minivan to head to the Paris Fair. We roamed around the fair looking at rides for one of their little guys. All the way, I was looking for food that I could eat. She’s doing the no wheat type diet too so it was nice to have another set of eyes looking out for some good eats.
We found a place that promoted grilled chicken but when we got to the booth it was $7 for a chicken breast! Not even a combo - just the meat.
We moved on a bit further and found something called chicken supreme which I’ve had something similar at some of the London festivals. Its fried and seasoned chicken with onion and peppers added in with lettuce and tomatoes and a nice sauce, all on a warmed pita. We got that, but without the pita but then added a side of fresh cut spiral taters, deep fried to make home made potato chip type products.
We decided to split on an order of them so it’s not as bad as it could have been. That way we both feel like we had a treat without having an entire order of something.
For the rest of the night I was able to keep full by snacking on the protein bars and the broccoli that I brought for a snack. I’m sure I was a bit embarrassing to everyone I was with when I was munching on little green fiber trees but I wanted to be sure to curb the temptation.
I survived a fair without elephant ears, funnel cake or mini donuts! The hardest part was when we walked out the agriculture building and walked almost directly into the mini donut vendor. They smelled divine but I was able to hold myself back. Whether it’s because of my willpower growing stronger or purely because I had no more cash on me, I’ll never tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment