Monday, September 10, 2012

Say yes to the dress?

So here it is - the dress, with me in it:

Looks lovely, very sassy but alas, it doesn’t fit. I’ve tried to open up some seams to see what I can do with it but then I thought that maybe I’ll just put it back together and hang on to it for when I’m smaller and have another function to go to.
In the mean time I decided to slap on the girdle thing and try on my backup dress. I think it would have actually fit without the spanx type thing or might fit better when I get that last little bit off. Here’s what that ended up looking like:
In my time in Windsor on Sunday my friend offered me some of her fabulous dresses to borrow. The first one I tried on was *the one*. It is a beautiful silvery blueish flowy dress with delicate detailing on it. She lent me a silvery white facinator to set it off. I love how I look in it. My pasty skin and copper-red hair just worked with it.

The mission is now to find shoes. I couldn’t really find any over two days of shopping but I have a craft in mind that might work. Cheap semi blingy sandals from Walmart and a cheap necklace/earring combo will make for some very embellished, easy to pack shoes. I also grabbed a clutch/wristlet thing where the wrist portion is a silver bracelet with bling on it.

I’ll get all done up and take a pic soon so you can see the end result.

In the mean time, I’m returning to see my trainer tomorrow. I’m hoping we’ll focus on the upper body and core then have her stretch the heck out of me. Twice a week for ten weeks, minus the week I’m in Italy and I’ll be a lean, mean machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment